250-500 words, addressing Schmidt, independent variable, dependent variable. | exclusivewritings.com
Clearly identifying the independent and dependent variables in a study is a critical aspect of any research project. The dissertation is no different. This assignment will allow you to practice your skills in identifying research variables.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- In a study investigating the effects of humor on memory, Schmidt (1994) showed participants a list of sentences, half of which were humorous and half were non-humorous. Schmidt found that participants consistently recalled more of the humorous sentences than the non-humorous sentences, demonstrating that the use of humor increased participants’ recall of sentences.
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
In as essay of 250-500 words, thoroughly address the following items:
- Define the term independent variable and identify the independent variable for this study.
- Describe the scale of measurement used for the independent variable.
- Define the term dependent variable and identify the dependent variable for this study.
- Describe the scale of measurement used for the dependent variable.
- Provide an example of a simple study using Schmidt (1994) as a model. State the purpose of the research (Schmidt’s purpose was to examine the effects of humor on memory), the research question (Schmidt’s research question was: What are the effects of humor on memory?), the independent variable, and the dependent variable for your study.
Must have at least 2 empirical sourses