Students are required to prepare a written review of three of the following books that allow for orpromote global understanding, personal growth, personal transformation, and the value ofcultural diversity. I most interested in reading about what you thought of the book and how itrelates or transformed your life. Substitutions are not allowed. The three reviews only need tobe included in the portfolio. Donâ€™t put off reading and writing the reviews till the end of theclass. These books are â€œescapesâ€ from the drudgery of the semesterâ€”treat this opportunity assuch. To do otherwise is totally counter to my purpose. These books would all make great giftsfor friends and family.
ï‚·1. Andreas, Brian . Travelling Light: Stories & Drawings for a Quiet Mind, 2003.
2. Andreas, Brian. Going Somewhere Soon. 1995. . www.storypeople.com
3. Christopher Moore. Island of Sequined Nude Nun. Lamb: The Gospel According to
Biff, Christâ€™s Childhood Pal.Fluke Or, I know why the Winged Whale Sings.
4. Tom Robins. Any of the following books by Tom will do, especially if you have neverread any of his work:. Another Roadside Attraction (1971); Even Cowgirls Get theBlues (1976); Still Life with Woodpecker (1980); Jitterbug Perfume (1984); SkinnyLegs and All (1990); Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas (1994); Fierce Invalids Home fromHot Climates (2000); Villa Incognito (2003); Wild Ducks Flying Backward (2005) â€” a collection of non–fiction essays, reviews, and short stories.
5.Elizabeth Gilbert. Eat, Pray Love: One womanâ€™s search for Everything across Italy,
India and Indonesia or Committed: A skeptic makes Peace with Marriage. Penquin
6. Anthony Kiedis and Larry Sloman. Scar Tissue. (2004).
7. James Redfield. The Celestine Prophecy: An Adventure. (1997).
8. Mitch Album. Time Keeper, For One More Day, The Five People You Meet inHeaven, Tuesdays With Morrie, Have a Little Faith: A True Story, A Duck Hunter Shoots and Angel, First Phone Call From Heaven
12. Rachel Joyce. The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry. (2012).
13. Patty Smith. M Train. (2015)
14. Maria Simple. Where Did You Go, Bernadette (2012)
15. Gloria Steinem. My Life on the Road. (2015)
16. John Irving. An Avenue of Mysteries; or In One Person or Last Night in Twisted River
17. Donna Tartt. The Goldfinch.(2013)
18. Robert M. Pirsig. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry into Values 1974
19. Hunter S. Thompson. A Strange and Terrible Saga: Hellâ€™s Angels 1966; Fear andLoathing: On the Campaign Trail â€™72 1973; Gonzo Papers, Vol. 1 The Great Shark Hunt: Strange Tells from a Strange Time 2003
20. Paulo Coelho The Alchemist: A Fable About Following Your Dream 1988
21. Geoff Dyer Yoga for People Who Canâ€™t be Bothered to do It 2003
22. Cheryl Strayed. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail 2012
23. Phillip Caputo The Longest Road: Overland in Search of America from Key West to
the Artic Ocean. (2014)
24. Dave Berry Best State Ever. A Florida Man Defends his Homeland. (2016)