The final project involves your review (follow) of two organizations — one for-profit and one not-for-profit site of your choice — to gather data that you will use to prepare a presentation of “best practices” and “recommendations” for the organization, for the consumer, or for the industry at large.
The project will consist of these parts (specific instructions will follow):
PART I — BACKGROUND and LITERATURE
- Description of the organizations and their digital/social media platforms
- Overview and history of the industry using literature
- Frame the project (put it in context) — what were you hoping to find out?
PART II — DATA METHODS AND FINDINGS
- Data from your follow time frame (10-15 days) — use the content analysis process to review for content, behavior, interaction, style, etc.
- Explain how you approached the research process, how you collected data
- Include summary of data (chart/table)
- Describe and analyze your data in a narrative that discusses themes or patterns
PART III — CONCLUSIONS and RECOMMENDATIONS
- Your conclusions about the data and what these mean to the industry of social media practice
- Your best practices and recommendation drawn from what you learned
This project should be prepared as a Word Document with a cover page, table of contents.
Once you have completed your best practices report (final project) prepare a complementary presentation that highlights your most salient points. The presentation should showcase to the audience your information as well as your proficiency in communication. A strong visual component can help audience members truly relate to your material.
Assume that you would be presenting this “live” to an audience. What do they need to know? What visuals can you include to help them understand what you are trying to say?
Include the following slides in your presentation:
- Cover with title of the presentation and your name
- Introduction/background of the issue your presentation addresses
- Current situation (use samples if needed)
- Research completed to develop the best practices (use samples if needed)
- Recommendations (best practices) — include samples here if needed
We will discuss the presentations in class as a group.
Submit your final piece to Cruiser.