https://us.exclusivewritings.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Logo_Exc-300x57-1.png 0 0 admin https://us.exclusivewritings.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Logo_Exc-300x57-1.png admin2021-05-29 14:49:282021-05-29 14:49:28World-Mythology-writing-assignment-help-
Write a 1000-word essay for the following questions and please cite each question:
- The text discusses the female divine and various Paleolithic goddess figurines. Many of these are of very full figured women. This could symbolize pregnancy and motherhood, but it may also be a symbol of the full potential of Woman, not just a single role of mother and caregiver. Personally, I have always been drawn to these goddess or woman-centered views, whether manifested in the form of books (such as The Mists of Avalon) or art (such as the large collection of goddess figurines scattered about my house). Following is a very nicely written article on goddess figures and one possible interpretation: http://feminismandreligion.com/2015/02/11/the-goddess-of-willendorf-and-does-my-uterus-make-me-look-fat-by-molly-meade/ Class: What do you think about the possibility of the divine mother? Do you think there was a prehistoric goddess cult? Why do you think goddess or fertility religions are often classified as primitive?
- What roles do gods have in world mythology? Do these roles reflect the ideal roles of human males? Why or why not?
- Please read the following article:http://www.buddhachannel.tv/portail/spip.php?article3014. How does this idea that God is everything in existence fit in with what we have read about mythology thus far?
- Read “Demeter and Persephone” (Greece) in the “Greece and Rome” chapter of World Mythology.
- Read “The Children of the Sun” (Peru) in the “Americas” chapter of World Mythology.